Types of Stone
There are a variety of stone products that can be used throughout your home to improve its elegance and beauty. Please select a stone type below in order to learn more about the type of stone, and its most useful applications.
- Natural Stone Suppliers
- Sintered Surfaces
- Recycled Material
- Edge Profiles
Natural Stone Suppliers ▼
Granite slabs are the result of nature's artistic expression and each piece is unique. Just like no two snowflakes are the same, so is the variation in granite. These variations are what cause people to fall in love with the beauty of natural stone and manufactures of man-made (quartz) stone imitate the flow and movement in granite.
- One of the most bacteria resistant kitchen surfaces.
- Will not stain with proper cleaning and sealing.
- Vast assortment of varying colors and patterns with movement and flow, granite is not a seamless product and seams will be visible. We will do our best to minimize but color tones and shading may vary at the seams.
- Durability allows for use indoors and outdoors.
Myths Dispelled about Granite
Here are the facts about Natural Stone
- Granite is ranked #1 in cleanability when compared to six other surfaces including stainless steel.
- Granite has the same cleanability as quartz or man-made stone.
- Granite has never been known to emit dangerous levels of radon gas.
- Sealing is needed once every 15 years when you use Elegant Stone Products and Protegere Warrantied Sealer.
A material that has been used for many years and now just recently is becoming a more popular choice in kitchens. Be sure when deciding on soapstone that your fabricator is using architectural and not artistic soapstone in fabrication. Architectural contains the properties needed for countertop surfacing.
- Available in one color with varying grain.
- Food grade mineral oil is used to treat and darken the stone to your taste.
- Adjusts to heat, it is possible to place a red hot pan on the surface without damage.
- Durability allows for use indoors and outdoors.
|Amsum & Ash||30 52nd Way NE, Minneapolis, MN 55421||763-571-8400||www.amsumash.com|
|Cold Springs Granite Eagan Showroom||3030 Lexington Ave S, Saint Paul, MN 55121||651-686-9192||www.coldspringusa.com|
|Cold Spring Granite Maple Grove Showroom||9775 85th Ave N. Osseo, MN 55369||763-425-2876||www.coldspringusa.com|
|Cosentino Center Minneapolis||14105 13th Ave N., Minneapolis, MN 55441||763-546-8456||www.cosentino.com|
|Daltile & Stone Gallery 233||316 W. Hubbard Ave., Chicago, IL 60654||312-467-0642||www.daltile.com|
|Daltile Showroom & Slab Yard||14005 13th Ave North Plymouth, MN. 55441||763-656-6324||www.daltile.com|
|Daltile Showroom & Slab Yard||1601 Pratt Blvd. A, Elk Grove Village, IL 6007||847-593-9008||www.daltile.com|
|Levantina USA Chicago||850 Devon Ave. Bensenville, IL. 60106||630-361-6600||www.levantina.com|
|Midwest Specialty Products LLC||1301 West Third Ave. Shakopee, MN. 55379||952-470-0403||www.bestquartz.com|
|Midwest Tile, Marble & Granite Inc. IA||2700 100th St. Urbandale, IA. 50322||515-334-0139||www.midwesttile.com|
|Midwest Tile, Marble & Granite Inc. WI||W227N722 Westmound Dr. Pewaukee, WI. 53186||262-547-8400||www.midwesttile.com|
|Midwest Tile, Marble & Granite Inc.MN||3181 Dodd Rd. Saint Paul, MN. 55121||651-405-0707||www.midwesttile.com|
|MSI Chicago Showroom & Distribution Center||1441 Jarvis Avenue Elk Grove Village, IL 60007||847-725-6500||www.msistone.com|
|Primus Stone MN||14645 Felton court Suite #106 Apple Valley MN 55124||952-683-9166||www.primusminnesota.com|
|Primus Stone IL||1265 Naperville Dr. Unit A Romeoville, IL. 60446||630-378-4881||www.primusnaturalstone.com|
|Stone Design Showroom & Warehouse WI||2025 E. Birchwood Cudahy, WI. 53110||800-669-4963||www.stone-design.com|
|Stone Design Showroom & Warehouse IL||551 Mitchell Rd. Glendale Heights, IL. 60139||800-424-1332||www.stone-design.com|
|Stone Holding Company||7768 West 78th St. Edina, MN. 55439||952-697-3405||www.stoneholdingonline.com|
|Terrazzo & Marble WI||N59W14339 Bobolink Ave. Menomonee Falls, WI. 53051||262-251-7300||www.tmsupply.com|
|Terrazzo & Marble MN||7145 Sandburg Rd. Golden Valley MN. 55427||763-544-3333||www.tmsupply.com|
|Terrazzo & Marble IL||77 South Wheeling Rd. Wheeling, IL. 60090||877-867-5227||www.tmsupply.com|
|UGM -Universal Granite & Marble||3555 South Normal Ave. Chicago, IL. 60609||773-268-4500||www.universalgranite.com|
Manufactured Stone (Quartz)
Quartz or man-made stone increasingly grows as a countertop surfacing material. Quartz is a durable and attractive surface with a uniform color consistency. Quartz slab manufactures have developed colors to mimic the movement of granite and other stone.
- Bacteria resistant countertop surface.
- Does not require sealing.
- Stain and abrasion resistant.
- NSD/ANSI 51 Certified Food Preparation.
- Quartz is not a seamless product and seams will be visible. We will do our best to minimize but color tones and shading may vary at the seams similar to natural stone.
The Evolution of Quartz Material
The manufacture of quartz has evolved from basic patterns to patterns with the movement of natural stone. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and the manufactures of quartz are continually developing colors that have the look of granite. If granite is something you are not interested in using, quartz would be a surface material to consider.
Sintered Surfaces ▼
Sinterization Technology process exposes the finest natural minerals to extremely high pressure and temperature—giving the product outstanding physical and mechanical properties in terms of compaction, resistance and durability great for indoor and outdoor applications
Recycled Material ▼
Recycled material transforms waste glass into an exquisite work of art, which will be the center piece of your living room or workspace. The waste glass, made from traffic lights, windows, beverage containers and many other unique sources, is set in a matrix or base. For a classic or contemporary style, consider recycled material.
- High recycled content.
- Unique color patterns.
- Durable surface.
Edge Profiles ▼
Want To Learn More?
We understand there is a lot to learn about picking out the perfect stone, and we are here to help! Visit or call our showroom today to receive answers to any questions or concerns you have!